Friday, September 26, 2008

Shared Fabric

When I gave my daughter a quilt, I was showing her some fabric I had used in other quilts. She said she wouldn't remember, and really, she didn't care. I do, so I thought I would document the fabric I used in the stars. There was even some scrap fabric that I don't remember where I used originally, so I figure I'd better do it while I still remember the rest. You probably don't care either, but at least you get to see a mini quilt show of my quilts.



You are going to have to trust me about the shared fabric with this quilt, since this photograph doesn't show the shared fabric. The story maze quilt also has shared fabric with many of my other quilts.









I called the fabric green in this summer swap quilt, but I am calling it blue in the SITP.









I don't think I used the blue fabric in the SITP, but at least one of the background whites is shared. And no, I'm not going to take the time to see which one.






The crossed kayaks quilt also shares a white with Lilebeth's Garden, and probably with the SITP as well. It also shares a couple of the blues. I didn't have a lot of extra fabric in this quilt, and I used some in the denim circles quilt, and want to save the rest for the border.



This denim circle quilt also has a lot of fabric from many of my other quilts. This photograph shows some great matches. The white with blue flowers in the top left is from my Storm at Sea, and I have that fabric in the SITP as well. The second one, the flower bud, is from a dress my daughter and I were going to make, and I have that fabric in the SITP. The brighter blue underneath that one is in the Arkansas Snowflake, and either it, or another fabric from that quilt is also in the SITP. To the right of that - the solid blue, and the plaid one on top of it, are both from a simple quilt I made for my niece. Fabric from that quilt is in the SITP as well.







Here's the storm at sea. The white background fabric with tiny blue leaves is shared.
















This is the Arkansas Snowflake. The snowflake print is shared.
















Another blue quilt I made at about the same time. I gave this one away. I'm just showing it to you since I am showing the blue quilts, but maybe it is the source of the mystery fabric.







The dark blue fabric in the Evening Stars quilt is in the SITP.












I didn't think I had a lot of leftovers from this Kanji Wishes quilt, but I was excited to find a strip of blue batik and mottled fabric to add to the SITP.









Here's another one of my blue quilts. Most of the blocks are swapped blocks but I did add a few. Maybe the mystery fabric is from this quilt.






Here's another quilt that isn't blue but shares the white background fabric with the SITP.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for visiting my blog at creativebreathing. It has taken me this long to figure out how to reply. Your comments were very appreciated. Your quilting is beautiful. Elizabeth

Donna said...

isn't that part of the fun of making "scrap quilts" -- spending time looking at the scraps and telling their family story :-)

Tanya said...

Lovely Blue Quilts. I think I've been with you for the last five, but some of the older ones were new to me. Great quilt show!

Pam said...

I have a couple of pieces of fabric that I bought years ago that always seems to pop up in my quilts. It is mostly a burgundy colour. We can see by your lovely quilt show that blue is your colour!!

Laila said...

Oh, you realy have some great quilts. Thanks for showing. ;-)

Zonnah said...

You do wonderful work!

Kerri said...

such lovely fabrics, and quilts!!

Jocelyn said...

Great story. Thanks for sharing about your sharing fabric :=)

Unknown said...

Such great work here :) thanks for sharing your blue quilts!

Gayle Bong said...

I am particularly liking the blue denim circle quilt. I have wanted to make a denim quilt but thought they would be too heavy. I imagine this isn't if it is made like I am thinking. Thanks for sharing.

Granny Lyn said...

Oh, you must love blue as much as I do! they are all beautiful!