Thursday, September 4, 2008

Shopping

$ave
I have many blogs that I read on Bloglines, and then I click on a post when I want to make a comment. It seems lately that several bloggers have changed their settings so that you can only read the first few lines of each post. You have to actually visit the page to read more. If you have done that, you'd better make sure that those first few lines are really interesting. It's my new pet peeve.

It's not all not dreary here on The High Road, however. I went shopping at Walgreens, and this being the beginning of a new month, I managed to obtain quite a few items using their free after rebate offers. I also bought some other things which wasn't free, but I was able to combine with some coupons to get a really good deal.

This means now I am furiously clipping and sorting coupons again. I've gotten really lazy in doing that, but with the economy being what it is, I'd rather pay less instead of more.

3 comments:

The Calico Cat said...

Hmmm that is one of my new changes... Because I am guilty of only reading from the bloglines - & not actually visiting to see the other stuff or to comment...

BTW I usually go to the blog who left a comment as I get the comments... (As an equity measure.)

Donna said...

I changed to google reader for my RRS feed agragator, abandoning bloglines.... the feature that I absolutely love is a little button calle "next" which installs in your web browser toolbar. Pushing it takes you to the next new post in your feeds -- directly to the post, no previewing, no time wasted, just there like any other web page I might type in the address for...

Rachel Biel said...

I had changed over to that setting where you can only see a bit of the post and people complained, so I changed back. I did it for two reasons. The first was based on an article I read where there are lots of blogs out there that steal content without giving credit to where they got it from. If they actually visit your site, you can track them and have some accountability. My main concern was for the photos that I post, which I take the time to ask for permission and so on. But, I guess I'm just not going to worry about it. I'd rather have people read the articles.

The second reason was that I thought that I needed people to actually visit the blog in order to get accurate stats, but apparently that is not the case.

I came over here to thank you for the comment you left on Fiber Focus, then this post caught my eye! Thanks!