Monday, March 16, 2009

Moondancing

Since I keep stealing fabric from the Moondance quilt, I thought I should take inventory and make some progress on it while it still had some fabric left. Last week's Friday Finish is another applique block from Moondance. There is no picture yet, because I took it to work with me, and left it there to work on, so you'll have to trust me. It's all good though because I managed to make two blocks, so I have this week's finish as well.

The picture is of some fabric my mother gave me recently. Back in the day, around the time when I was in home ec, or just afterwards, I made some clothes. I made a pair of jeans, a fancy dress, a couple of wonderful shirts, and a wrap around skirt. This is the wrap around skirt fabric. There's not enough fabric to make another wrap around skirt. And she didn't give me the pattern, but it looks to me like it would make a wonderful reusable grocery bag. It seems like it may be good for one of those Friday finishes.

2 comments:

Michele Bilyeu said...

Good for one of those Friday finishes instead! Join Finn, Paula and I for our Frugal Friday Fun...even if all you do is think about using this...it's how frugal works! This will make a super good bag! And you can use it to pack future projects to and from work...whether to get some time in on them or to show them off!

Unknown said...

LOL--I think I had some of that fabric at one time, or else something VERY similar.