Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Cheddar Cheese and Crackers


I know I was going to finish African Circles before starting a new quilt. I could sit down all day and finish sewing down the binding, but I would prefer to do it when I am sitting down to watch TV, leisurely. All that sitting around is not good for me, and I've never abandoned a quilt at the binding stage.

I know I said I was going to make circle banner quilts, or finish some UFOs, or at least start on one of the quilts that are already kitted up and not started. I might have to call the kitted quilts UFOs, just to get moving on them.

But I also said that I was going to take advantage of little projects when they called to me. And Lori at Humble Quilts is making a doll quilt called Cheddar Cheese and Crackers. It's a doll quilt, how long can it take? I'm not making it as scrappy as she is, but I think batik fabrics will add to the variety. Even though I am technically opposed to cutting up a jelly roll vertically, since it kind of ruins the point of buying precut fabric if you aren't going to use it's precut features, I figure since this takes just a few strips, it won't hurt to do it this time. It keeps me from rummaging through the stash for other fabric, which is always a good thing.

3 comments:

Allie said...

You're so right, hand-stitching binding is best done in the evening, watching mindless tv. Could that be why binding is my favorite part??? Yikes. Can't wait to see your doll quilt!

Teodo said...

I prefer to quilt like you watching TV.
I?m doing a doll's quilt that is only 19" and I hope that will be fine.
ciao ciao

Lori said...

Batiks will be so pretty!
I'm like you, any hand work gets done in the evening watching tv.