Sunday, August 10, 2014

Lansing Leaves Quilt Progress

Okay, I have to admit that there hasn't been any physical work done on the Lansing Leaves Quilt.  [edit, I put the leaves border on].  I have decided that I want to use Migrating Geese as a border instead of leaving it plain.  I'm pretty sure now that I "borrowed" at least one of the fabrics out of this kit, and I don't have any big pieces that work well as a substitute.  I did find a fat quarter collection that does work, so I have decided to piece a border.  I think this will also make me feel better about using a kit, because with this change, the quilt will not look very much like all the others that were made from this kit.  I am actually pretty excited about this, because I think flying geese will work well with the leaves in this fall quilt. I've been trying out different sizes of borders to see what I like better.




Since it was Pets on Quilts day, I decided to let Zeus showcase my progress so far. I had to put the quilt on top of him, since otherwise you wouldn't get to see the quilt!

3 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Your flying geese border will be a wonderful addition to these leaves; great move to make this one your own! Zeus seems to be enjoying the quilt saddle!

O'Quilts said...

I remember when you got that dog..time flies...now he is under a pretty quilt...love

Michele Bilyeu said...

And I forgot to add that I really enjoyed the photo of Zeus! Good boy, Zeus..how did you get him to model the quilting so nicely?