Friday, February 27, 2015


Here's a flower from A Life of Plenty sewalong.

The gray is from the fabric I used to make elephants. The others are scraps from other projects. The green fabric on the stem was used in Lansing Leaves. The other green is an older one that has been in several swap blocks, and is in the rail fence quilt. In the Daisy's Chickenpox quilt, the flower petals are not stitched down, and I have to say, I was very tempted to not stitch down the flower petals, but since this isn't a batik, I felt it was necessary.  The yellow has been on several of my quilts and is definitely in the rail fence quilt

 I didn't make the picture fuzzy on purpose, but I am leaving it this way, so you can't see all my flaws.  I haven't done any needle turn applique in a long time, and those flower petals have lots of sharp curves! I'm going to have to make some bias stems before I get too far along on this project.

My sister helped me clean out the basement for a few hours yesterday.  I have lived in this house for a long time, so one afternoon is not enough to completely clean it, but it looks SO much better now. I'll have to keep at it so it can be cleaned by spring.

1 comment:

Allie said...

That is so pretty!!! I'm scared of needleturn, I stick with fusible, lol. Ugh to cleaning basements...