Tuesday, June 23, 2015

My Email has been Kidnapped!



The messages you leave me on my blog get forwarded to me on my Hotmail  account.  It is now called Outlook.  I logged in to see my messages yesterday, and while it showed me my inbox for a couple of seconds, it immediately popped up with this message about Skype.  I can now connect Skype to my inbox.  I don't want to do that. I just want a simple email account. I haven't used Skype in a long time.  Skype doesn't need to know the email addresses of all my friends, and when I want to use the service, I will add my contacts there.

I know you can't see it in the picture but it says "By continuing, you agree to Skype's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy." The only option presented on the screen is "Continue". The other button says, "Already using Skype? Sign in". The only options are to "Continue" or to close out the window. This means that unless I agree to Skype's terms of use, I can no longer use my hotmail account. Does anyone know how to disable this? There is no "no thanks" button. My emails will be forever lost to me unless I agree to give up my privacy to this service which I don't use. The easy way out is to click the Continue button and carry on, but this irritates me, and I am going to wait. I will link a different account to my blog posts. I appreciate all of the messages you have written on my blog posts in the last couple of days, and I can see them on my blog, but I cannot respond to you personally.

3 comments:

Paula, the quilter said...

You can reply to a comment right on the blog post by changing your blog setting for comments. This will allow you time to figure out what is happening with your email. From my reading it sounds like it is a plugin for Microsoft messenger. You might need to chat with a Microsoft tech.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Thank you Paula. I did as you suggested and found a workaround that lets me see my email. My comments don't show up on my email but I will check the settings again.

Allie-oops Designs said...

Did you google it? That's my way of finding out how to change things like this, lol - I don't know why they have to fix things that aren't broken!!