As you know, I have joined the Quilty 365 Quiltalong. See the link in the sidebar. Basically, the goal is to make one circle block a day to represent your day, so that at the end of the year, you will have 365 blocks.
I started my project in November, and today is Day 106. As I finish each set of 21 blocks, I add them to the quilt top. I thought today, instead of showing you individual blocks, I would show you how the quilt top looks so far.
The quilt is hard to photograph in one piece, so I took pictures of sections.
Starting from the left and working my day down. It was a windy day, and I decided to hold the quilt down with two books from the library. They did a good job making sure that the quilt did not fly away, but it ends did keep flapping up.
It is strange that most of the serious rule breaking happened in Week 3 of each three week period - the blocks that caused adjustments in other blocks to make them fit. In the top row, the embroidered one is bigger than the others, row 3 saw the supersized block , and row five saw the double block and the skinny block. You can see all the squares don't line up nicely with each other as some blocks were sashed, resized to fit, or eased in.
I guess this is appropriate. The left side tells you what the rules are, and the right side breaks them. I will be breaking the rules on the left and center sides soon enough though.
I'm loving my new porch. It is a convenient way to take photographs outdoors even if the shadows from the railing gets in the pictures. It will be painted or sealed this summer. Right now, I'm thinking about painting all but the floor white, but haven't decided what to do with the floor yet.
To get the story behind each block, click on the Quilty Project 365 label below this post.
Main Crush Monday