Sunday, February 14, 2016

Happy Valentine's Day

Hello my dear readers and welcome back.  I hope you have a splendid Valentine's Day.

There isn't much to show you, but there has been a great deal of progress.

When last I left you, I had pieced another set of circles.  This week, I pieced that set of circles into the row, added the big circle.  I am now left with two parts, which makes me happy.  I haven't made many more circles so I will show you those later.

The 1857 quilt has been tempting me and I have decided to make it.  Since I promised June,  I decided I needed to get the rail fence quilt into a top first.  Here it is.  I need to do a quality inspection step and press it.  I really like this layout because every time you look at it, you see a different configuration.


I could have balanced the darks better.  I had laid it out in a balanced way, but when I sewed it together, I made some impromptu changes.  I wasn't thinking of the pink and black block as a dark, but it certainly looks like it from this picture. I am going to think of some simple changes I can make to balance this more. I think the top row just looks darker because of the lighting, but I don't like that diagonal row of darks.


I also made another block for the Adrinka 2016 BOM and a corresponding Circle 78.

Linked to:
Moving It Forward Monday

6 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

Happy day to you, too -- wonderful rail fence!!

Kate said...

Happy Valentine's Day to you too. The Rail Fence quilt is very fun, very bright. I don't notice a diagonal of dark blocks, your colors look pretty balanced.

Kaja said...

I love your rail fence colours. This may be a silly thought but if you turned it around so that the darker blocks were at the bottom, maybe that would feel better?

Allie-oops Designs said...

Rail Fence is awesome just as it is - love it!!! And those blocks are wonderful!

em's scrapbag said...

Your rail fence is wonderful and I love the two blocks for your BOM

June D said...

The rail fence is beautiful! Such a great selection of colors and fabrics! Will be a great quilt.

Your BOMs that you are going to participate in are very creative - will be more great finishes at the end of the year!

Now I must work on my Cultural Fusion Windmills - that was my OMG and I have only found the blocks, nothing more. But having fun on a little trip and visiting with friends.

: )
June