Hello my dear readers and welcome back. I hope you have a splendid Valentine's Day.
There isn't much to show you, but there has been a great deal of progress.
When last I left you, I had pieced another set of circles. This week, I pieced that set of circles into the row, added the big circle. I am now left with two parts, which makes me happy. I haven't made many more circles so I will show you those later.
The 1857 quilt has been tempting me and I have decided to make it. Since I promised June, I decided I needed to get the rail fence quilt into a top first. Here it is. I need to do a quality inspection step and press it. I really like this layout because every time you look at it, you see a different configuration.
I could have balanced the darks better. I had laid it out in a
balanced way, but when I sewed it together, I made some impromptu
changes. I wasn't thinking of the pink and black block as a dark, but it
certainly looks like it from this picture. I am going to think of some simple changes I can make to balance this more. I think the top row just looks darker because of the lighting, but I don't like that diagonal row of darks.
I also made another block for the Adrinka 2016 BOM and a corresponding Circle 78.
Moving It Forward Monday