Wednesday, February 3, 2016

One Monthly Goal for February

Since the Cheddar Crackers is nearing completion, I wanted to make a plan for what I will finish next.  Therefore, it is time for



Right now, I have a lot of quilts that have some or all blocks made, but have not been pieced together into a top. This is creating clutter in my sewing space, and I have decided to clean that up by turning some of these blocks into a top. I'd rather clean by sewing than, well, cleaning.

Therefore, my one monthly goal will be to take all these loose rail fence blocks and turn it into a top this month. It is quite possible that I may even be able to turn it into a finished quilt this month, but I don't want to promise that. Better to keep the goals realistic, right?

 

Why these? Because they are the ones that have not been put away. The Elephant Parade and Life of Plenty and other blocks are tucked away in drawers or boxes so they don't bother me as much. 


The remaining leftover rails are also out and they are also bothering me, so I have chained all of them together into one very long row. I think I will be able to finish this top / quilt too, but again, no promises on this one.

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I don't like to make a firm list because then I feel like I have to go to work every day and only work on those. I would rather have a loose "maybe" list and work on what inspires me. That makes every day a happy day.

June D said...

We are both going to be working on a Cultural Fusion piece! What fun!