Saturday, September 3, 2016

Butterfly Collage

I know I already showed you pictures recently, but I don't want to wait all month to show you.  Today when I let Zeus out I saw a beautiful butterfly on the zinnias by the back door.  I didn't think it would still be there when I got the camera but I thought I would try.  It turns out that this butterfly loves to get its picture taken. It went from flower to flower, giving me different poses and angles. It stayed on the same plant so the flowers are all the same colors.

In fact, when I thought I was finished, it flew around my head as if to say it still wanted my company!  Wait! I can give you more poses!  I made a collage out of my favorites.


While I am looking in the September folder, I thought I would show you this poor squirrel that I saw on one of my walks.  It was going so fast, I wasn't even sure what kind of animal it was, so I kept taking pictures.  From this photo, it looks like there is a sad story to tell about the tail.


I also wanted to show you that Rey has a face now. I changed the pattern a little bit so that her hair is longer. It isn't as long as it is in the movie, but I didn't want to change the pattern too much. I just wanted to make sure it was clear that she is female. When there is a female hero in many movies and books, she winds up being very man-like. Rey can fight, but she still has a lot of female characteristics, and I wanted to make sure that my quilt showed that.


Linked to Wandering Camera September Linky Party.  Be sure to click on the link to see all the gorgeous photos there.

Also linked to Let's Bee Social 141.  Lorna is gearing up for another beautiful Sew Along, and I will be joining her for that. Check out her blog for free pattern of a beautiful Bear Paw Quilt.

11 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I used to have a squirrel visit my backyard that had a tail like that too. It makes you wonder what it got caught in to lose all of the tail fur.

Allie-oops Designs said...

Great butterfly pics - don't you love it when nature cooperates, lol! Ray is looking great, I like the longer hair.

Kaja said...

Fantastic photos -what a beautiful butterfly. I like the new Rey.

Deb Hardman said...

Great photos & cute blocks. Thanks for visiting & commenting on my blog!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Beautiufl Butterfly!! I am glad it waited for yoU!

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

Your butterfly mosaic is stunning - and I think that must be Squirrel Nutkin!

betty-NZ said...

What lovely pics of the butterfly! The details that you show are great to see.

Ann said...

Beautiful butterfly. How lucky your flower had the nectar it wanted. Thanks for linking with Kaleidoscope of Butterflies.

June D said...

Great photos!

Monica said...

Beautiful butterfly! That iridescence is just lovely. :D

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

It is amazing that the butterfly stayed for so long. Beautiful mosaic. The poor squirrel, it seems to be the daredevil type. Rey looks wonderful. Thank you so much for linking up these wonderful photos on Wandering Camera.

-Soma