Friday, October 14, 2016
I have finished piecing this top. The background pieces were somewhat difficult because they are larger pieces than I am used to handling. There is also some wrinkling, probably due to the fact that I did not press the seams before each intersecting seams (I fingerpressed), and the inconsistent weights of the fabric. The blue is heavier and stiffer than the shirt fabric. I am sure these issues can be fixed with a little nip and tuck here and there.
I do plan to add some applique in the space above BB8, but want to work on quilting another top that has been pieced and is ready for quilting. In between piecing the final pieces of this quilt, I have bought the backing fabric and washed, ironed and pressed it. Some piecing is necessary to get it ready before I start to quilt it.
This is a lap size quilt, and the pattern is free from Hunter's Design Studio.