Monday, January 15, 2018

Catching Up on Circles

Today's the 15th so I need 15 circles for the year when making a circle a day, so I figured I would make some more.  No, I'm not procrastinating on working on Ringo Lake, why do you ask?

I don't sew the blocks in any particular order, and I don't present them in any particular order, so there is no way for you to prove that sometimes the next generation is born before the parents.

Block 208





Another block to commemorate Ringo Lake. I got this idea for the layout from the internet.

 

Block 209



This uses scraps of fabric from making other circles.

 

Block 210



This uses scraps of fabric from making other circles. I like this one. I especially like that I didn't have to outline stitch each of these pieces.

 

Block 211



Is this the simple circle that created so many scraps? I think so, and even after all that, it doesn't look good. Note to self: don't use neutral thread to sew a decorative stitch. Those circles in the stitch are really cute.

 

Block 212

 



This is leftovers from block 213.

 

Block 213




I found these pieces sewn together in the drawer. So I sewed on the triangle that was there and made a circle out of them! I think this was planned to be a circle and I had to put it away for a gathering.

 

Block 214



Self portrait.

Block 215



Reverse self portrait.

Actually I am making progress on Ringo Lake. It just looks like the same progress as any other day, so not blog-post worthy. Keep Sewing. Keep Sewing.

Linked to:

6 comments:

Kate said...

You've done really well at getting caught up on your circles for this year. It's going to be a very fun quilt once you get them all assembled.

Brooke said...

wow!
you are so creative!
thanks so much for linking up!

brooke@sillymamaquilts.com

Lisa J. said...

I'm glad you are managing to make progress on Ringo lake.in the back ground. You are making great progress on the circles.

Allie-oops Designs said...

I think the self-portrait circles are my favorite!! Well done!

Ann said...

Always creative. I’m glad you’re back at them.

Kaja said...

I like that Ringo Lake has sneaked into your circles.