Monday, October 8, 2018

Weekly Recap of 15 Minutes to Stitch

This is my weekly recap.


The sun was shining today so I thought I should take a group picture of Sweet Land of Liberty blocks while I could. I forgot the map is on the sewing machine for the applique to be sewn down so it didn't get to participate. I finally got the smart idea to make the houses improv instead of trying to copy the measurements of the Cheri's blocks.  These houses will now be fun to make. I will make more houses and fewer stars.





I kept working on sewing circles together and have almost finished sewing two rows of circles together. (They had to be done together because of the big blocks). I put them under the previous rows to make sure nothing stood out at me. I don't know if you remember, but there were a couple of rows that needed a coping strip because the rows did not match up.  I don't think I should have done that, because now those rows don't match up with the new rows.  Coincidentally the gap is about the size of the coping strip.

One of my rules for this quilt apparently is that I want to avoid ripping out seams.  (It was a rule I didn't know I had but came up when I decided I had to rip the row.)  I now have to decide whether ripping out the seam would be a good rule to break for the rule breaking rule, or whether I can adjust the rest of the borders and make it a non-rectangular quilt, or at least a nonrectangular border. I'm also tempted to add the new rows to the top instead of the bottom of the quilt. I'll decide later.

The picture is from April 24, 2017. The coping strip is the blue on the left side. Once I figure out what to do, I will have four rows I can add to the quilt.


15 Minutes to Stitch

I didn't work on the bricks quilt this week, although I am close to making a top so I should.  My focus has been on Sweet Land of Liberty and the circles as I explained already.

My progress as of Sunday was:

15 Minute sessions of stitching this week:  7 out of 7
15 Minute sessions of stitching this year:  233 out of 280 sessions
Success rate: 83%

Linked to:
15 Minutes to Stitch

I've started to add more posts to my High Road Reader blog if you care to take a look.  I review books, and have started showing pictures of my library shelf.

6 comments:

tierneycreates said...

Amazing blocks- that is going to be quite the quilt!

O'Quilts said...

wow...you must have retired...your work just multiplies itself...love it all

Kyle said...

I'd just keep sewing rows and see what happens.

Angie in SoCal said...

You sure get a lot done in your 15 minutes. Looking good!

Kate said...

A very productive week! I really like the "no seam ripping rule" too. I try to apply that one as often as possible in my sewing room.

Allie said...

Fantastic blocks - wish I was making it too! I have that "no ripping" rule as well on everything I do, lol.