Monday, February 10, 2020

Drunkard's Path Photo Shoot

I finished my Drunkard's Path quilt in November and already showed you the finished quilt.  I wasn't happy with its reveal though, because I wasn't able to get good photos of it.  I showed it to you on the floor of my porch. As a result, the size of the quilt was hard to see. It looked longer or shorter than it really is, depending on the angle I took the photo.

Yesterday, I got a chance to fix that. My family invited me to go to a quilt show with them at a park. This was the same park where we did a photo-shoot of The Earth Laughs in Flowers formerly known as Daisy's Chickenpox. Remembering that photo-shoot, I brought Drunkard's Garden along, and we managed to get proper pictures of this quilt.

This park had a lot of beautifully curved structures which properly echoed the curves of this quilt.  I don't have anything new to tell you about this quilt, so for historical reference, it was started in August of 2003 and finished in November of 2019. I tried to do another Smilebox slideshow, but apparently, you have to pay to be able to share it.

Here are 11 pictures of the quilt taken at Inniswood Metro Gardens in Westerville, Ohio. Some of these are similar to each other, but I liked them all the ones I am including for different reasons.

1.


 2.

3.

4.

5.



6.

 7.

8.

9.

10.

11.

 Which picture is your favorite?

14 comments:

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Wow! It looks beautiful in this setting. What a lot of work to set all these dhots up! I think I like the one in the circle in the gazebo. Just beautiful!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I like photos 1, 3 and 4. I love seeing the whole structure of the building in photo 1 but then a closer view of the quilt in photo 3. 4 is a nice photo but doesn't give me much of an idea of what the quilt looks like (and I'm all about the details in a quilt).

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

My favorite is #7; I love the color/shape in that snapshot contrasting with the stark winter landscape. But, my opinion or choice really doesn't matter, the quilt s stunning in every shot, from every angle. Well done!

Joyful Quilter said...

Pretty quilt, pretty setting. I bet that place is beautiful in the spring. Your quilt holder did a great job of keeping his toes out of the pictures. ;o)

Julierose said...

Just a gorgeous quilt--the colors really sing nice work hugs, Julierose

Quiltdivajulie said...

I like nos. 1, 7 (my favorite) and 10. Glad you had the chance to get these photos - I haven't had much photo shoot opportunity of late (the fence, the back yard, and the floor have been filling in).

Allie-oops Designs said...

This is just gorgeous and I love the photos - I honestly can't pick a favorite!!!!!

Kate @ Smiles From Kate said...

What a stunning drunkards path quilt. It may have taken a while but was well worth finishing. Wonderful photos and a great setting for the quilt.

Kyle said...

What a fun day taking some great pictures of your Drunkards Path. The curved elements did go perfectly with the quilt. Great job!

tierneycreates said...

Gorgeous quilt and what a great photo shoot!

Emily said...

Wow! Looks like a great place to take photos, and your colors are beautiful!

Karrin Hurd said...

Gorgeous quilt, and lovely pictures!

Tanya said...

OOh! Beautiful place for photographing a beautiful quilt! How did you get it hung up in all those various places? The quilt is so colorful in the winter setting!

deepak said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.