Friday, December 28, 2012

2012 Quilting Review

It is time for my annual year end review of my quilting accomplishments for the year.  This year, I did not blog very much.  I also did not do a lot of quilting.  I have taken care of some medical problems - nothing serious, but lots of little things that meant I got to know a lot of different doctors.  I even spent a couple of nights at a sleep clinic and now have a CPAP machine.

My project-by-project job had some extra projects this year, which was very good news.   I also spent a lot of time writing and reading hubs on HubPages.  I am still trying to have a large portfolio of articles there.  I have reduced the clutter in my house - that is going to be an ongoing project, but I have made great progress.  

Okay, enough chatter.  Let's see if I can find some quilts I have made this year! My latest finish is this coin quilt.  I belong to the Small Quilt newsgroup with Kathy Tracy, and her challenge this year was to make one small quilt each month.  She specified which quilt to make each month - sometimes she provided a pattern, and sometimes she chose one from one of her books.  This one is adapted from her Remembering Adelia book. I added the small inner border.   It is the only quilt I made all year from this challenge.



This is another small quilt I made this year.  It is adapted from a pattern in a book, Red, White and Sometimes Blue by McCalls quilting.




This is a small quilt I made as a request for a friend. It is inspired by a quilt I saw at the quilt show.




That's it - three little quilts.  I am actually proud that I did manage to get three quilts done.  I am tempted to make another small quilt to add to the list, but I think I need to keep my focus on my Hubpages goals.  We have to write 8 articles a month as a part of the Apprenticeship Program, and I have 3 more to write this month!

Besides these three quilts, I did make progress on my block of the month from last year, but that progress has been slow.  We were supposed to be using thangles to make the quilt, and I chose to use a different method.  All of the blocks are made, and I am working on the star points.  This is an old picture, and many more of the star points have been added.  I think I probably would have made more quilting progress if I hadn't been forcing myself to make more progress on this one.  I am glad I allowed myself to work on the little quilts in the meantime.


2013 Quilting Goals


I got scared when I saw that I had made 2012 quilting goals, but it looks like I was kind to myself and expected very little quilting to be done.  I think 2013 will also be a slow quilting year, but I do hope to make more progress on my current quilts.  I'd like to finish three quilts that have been in the works.  Since I have moved my studio to another room, I have been inspired to make use of all the fabric and supplies I do have and hopefully will have more than three little quilts to show for 2013.

I hope all of you had a wonderful 2012, and I wish you all the best for 2013.  Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Tanya said...

Hi Shasta! Wishing you the best in 2013! I've missed you in blogworld. Glad to hear that you are healthy and happy. Give my love to Zeus and Sushi.