Sunday, January 18, 2015

Clarity

People who have been reading my blog for a while will probably remember the word of the year that appears on the bar in the right side.  My word of the year has been Commitment for a while, at least for the last two years.  Although the goal has changed, it was there to remind me to create goals and to simply go after them, and to continue to go after them.

For 2015, I have decided that the focus word will be


CLARITY

 

I have several ideas for this year, and I think that this word describes them all. When I started this blog post, it seemed like I was saying that I don't already do these things or am not good at them.  But this really isn't about choosing my worst traits and trying to improve on them.  It is choosing three things that seem to fit the momentum I am already following.  I am choosing the path I am already walking on, and committing to staying on it.

Communication

I would like to incorporate clarity into my communication. .  My goal is to communicate more clearly, both in my written and in my verbal communications. This means I will make sure I keep people informed, enunciate, and choose my words properly. 


It should be easy for the other person to understand what I am saying.

House Management

I want to incorporate clarity in my management of my household.  To do this, I am working on reducing the number of things that are in my house on a bigger scale than I have done in the past.

Instead of a muddle of belongings, I will use clarity to identify the items that do belong in my home, and have an ideal place to put them.  I will have clear spaces that make the home more inviting, and the clear spaces will give me opportunity to make quilts without guilt.

 

Low Maintenance

Since last year, I've been looking for ways to make my home and my life more low maintenance.  Part of this has to do with the decluttering I mentioned in House Management; the fewer belongings I have, the fewer things I will have to clean.

But beyond that, I would like to find other ways to reduce the maintenance in the house.  If I plant shrubs, then I won't have to replant every year. If I plant annual flowers, I won't have to harvest vegetables. This is a fairly new goal so I haven't thought through yet how to have a low maintenance lifestyle.

What does low maintenance have to do with clarity?  If I am not bogged down with maintenance tasks, I will have more time to choose to do the things that really matter.  My to-do list will be small enough that I will be able to look beyond it and see that it is possible to complete all the tasks on that list.

I haven't found a good quote for the sidebar yet. This one will suffice until then.
Sometimes you need to take a few steps back to see things clearly. Never let your life become so filled with work, your mind become so crammed with worry, or your heart become so jammed with old hurts or anger, that there's no room left in them for fun, for awe, or for joy. Melchor Lim

No comments: