I haven't been able to sew 15 minutes a day this week, as it is getting busy at work. I marked some seams on Monday, but for the rest of the business days, I didn't do any sewing. It is a matter of adjusting to the new schedule, but on the weekends, I managed to make time to sew.
This means I have to come up with new rules for my 15 Minutes to Sew challenge. In other weeks, if I missed a day, but made up the time, I gave myself credit. I have decided to keep this relaxed, easy going management style, and give myself leeway to make up the time, even if it means do all the time in one sitting. I'm not going to make myself sleep between sessions! I think it will give me incentive to do more sewing, and after all, isn't that the whole point of this, to keep making forward progress?
In previous weeks, I have been making both left and right sides of the sashing strips for On Ringo Lake. This week, I decided to be more consistent in a production line fashion and sew just the left sides.
I've even been sewing the bonus triangles. I like the challenge of working with these babies. It works as part of the quality control step. If I am satisfied with the seam, I sew my seal of approval .
I think my quality control steps need quality control steps. I'm not worried about these. I have insurance on this quilt, and cut a few extra pieces so I wouldn't have to rip. These extras can go into the orphan bin. I have forgotten how many extras I made though, so some of these might need ripping, but they are short seams and no big deal.
Here they are all chopped up and ready to press. This a few of them; there are more on the ironing board. I am going to call this side done and move on to the next side.
15 Minutes to Stitch
I might have to rethink this chart, since it really isn't showing me which days are better for sewing. I might have to simplify it, but I'd rather spend my time sewing!