Monday, April 30, 2018

Another 100%! on the Books


I'm back with a better attitude and thoroughly enjoying sewing the blocks and sashing for On Ringo Lake together.

I actually felt better as soon as I complained about the monotony. Sometimes I like to complain because it helps me get over whatever I am complaining about faster. Unfortunately, in blog-land if I don't add another post right away to tell people I am better, it makes it look like I am complaining for a long time.

As you know, I started with piecing the four corners.  Then I started with two rows of three blocks, working on both ends of the quilt at the same time. Last week, I finished two rows of three blocks and two rows of three sashing blocks.

This week, I finished two rows of five blocks and two rows of five sashing blocks.

I even made a good start for the next set - two rows of seven blocks and two rows of seven sashing blocks.  It is rewarding to see the stack of quilt blocks get smaller as they get sewn into rows and placed on the "to press" pile. Later, there are two rows of nine blocks to do. After I have the rows done, I need to piece the corner triangles which need to be added before the rows are pieced to each other.

15 Minutes to Stitch

This week, I sewed a lot on Saturday, and I am pretty sure I did some sewing on a couple of other days. There were some conflicts at work this week and I was able to provide a sense of calm and reason without adding stress to the mix so I think I quilted enough this week and will take full credit for sewing enough this week.

I've changed the labels from days to 15 minute sessions. It feels like lying when I say I have stitched 7 days this week, but I probably did have 7 fifteen minute sessions this week, some of which were back to back, and some, like a quilt, were pieced together from shorter sessions.

15 Minute sessions of stitching this week:  7 out of 7
15 Minute sessions of  stitching this month:  22 out of 29 days
15 Minute sessions of stitching this year:  107 out of 119 days
Success rate:  90%

The success rate rounds up to 90%, which seems incredible to me, as I was expecting the downward spiral to be more sudden.  This challenge really does help give me a reason to quilt. Sorry, housework, I promised the blog readers that I would quilt  an hour and forty-five minutes each week.

And actually the quilting helps keep me calm, focused, and energized,  and I manage to get most of the housework done too.

Linked to:
15 Minutes to Stitch Week 17 
Let's Bee Social #226

2 comments:

Kaja said...

Well done for getting past the fed up stage, and for keeping up your 15 minutes a day. Isn't it funny how committing to something on the blog can be such a motivator?

Kate said...

Congrats on finding both the time and the motivation to work on a challenging project this week. It's always a bit demotivating to me when work gets in the way of stitching, but it sounds like you just took it stride. Hope you had a very productive week 18.