Sunday, December 2, 2018

Day 2: 31 Day Blog Challenge: Circles


A random quilt picture selected from January. These are On Ringo Lake blocks. The project is now a quilt top.

It's become a mystery of sorts, hasn't it.  With a standard title like Day 2, you have no idea whether it will be feast or famine today. Will you get just a random picture you have probably already seen before, or will you get to see some quilty eye candy  or anything worth a click?

Winner


The sun is out today, and it has energized me to make more progress on a quilt.  Today, the lucky winner is the Circles 365 quilt. You. I mean you are the winner, because you get to see quilting progress.  When I put 365 away for the gathering, I had plans to put the existing blocks together in rows, but I didn't have time. So now I have done that.  Before I could, I had to add a couple more blocks.

Circle Block 257


I had X's on the brain from the 70273 blocks and grabbed the first available fabric to make this block.

Circle Block 258


This bird circle was already in the box with the rows so all I had to do was put it on a background fabric and sew it down. I hope the wrinkled fabric doesn't make your eye twitch.

And with these two blocks and some coping strips, I put the three sets of rows together.  Here it is in multiple photos. As the rows get added, the blocks seem to get smaller and smaller in order to fit into the camera range.


Left side. The newest blocks wound up on the bottom left, in two separate rows. The quilt is not put together in chronological order.


  Left middle


Right middle


Right side


Whole quilt

 15 Minutes to Stitch


This week,  I made some x blocks for the 70273 project, two circle blocks, and put the rows of circle blocks together.  My progress as of Sunday was:

15 Minute sessions of stitching this week:  7 out of 7
15 Minute sessions of stitching this year:  283 out of 336 sessions
Success rate: 84% 

Linked to:
15 Minutes to Stitch

6 comments:

Meloney said...

You are doing great. What a fun quilt.

Marle said...

Ooh, you did it! My Ringo Lake is still in little pieces in one box.

O'Quilts said...

shasta...good stuff you are doing

Cathy said...

You are right! I am a winner of eye candy and a smile! I've always loved your circles and now love them even more when I see them going together. Way to go!

Kate said...

That is such a bright and fun quilt! Congrats on getting in some stitching time each day. Hope this week is just as good.

Kyle said...

No eye twitching with all that improv stitching