Sunday, April 7, 2019

Apple Blocks



Nann from With Strings Attached as offering some orphan blocks for adoption, and I volunteered to adopt some apple blocks. There was some competition, and I won these beautiful apple blocks from a block swap.


I was surprised to see a box sitting on my front porch as I wasn't expecting a big package. Nann sent me the apple blocks, sure, but she also sent loads of fabric.


But that's not all, she also sent me a bunch of books and a pattern.

Thank you so much, Nann for this wonderful large haul!

15 Minutes to Stitch: Week 14


This week, I was not able to quilt during the week and was hoping to make it up during the weekend, but I wound up getting sick with a cold and needing rest more than quilting. That, and the household chores, meant that I was not able to quilt.

I did enjoy looking at the books and fabric I got from Nann.


15 Minute sessions of stitching this week: 0 out of 7
15 Minute sessions of stitching this year: 90 out of 97 sessions
Success Rate: 93%

The success rate is rounded up, but it is still a big disappointing drop from the 100% I've had throughout the year so far. My 2018 end of the year average was 85% and I hope to beat that this year, so I am still on course for this year.

Linked to:
15 Minutes to Stitch

14 comments:

Julierose said...

The apples are so cute...just love them...what a great array of books to read...and lovely fabrics--hugs, Julierose

Quiltdivajulie said...

You will LOVE that Roberta Horton book -- have fun with the apple blocks.

Joy McD said...

Love those apple blocks, and all those extras! Wow! xx

seabreezequilts said...

Those apple blocks are very cute. That was an excellent box of extras.

Lisa J. said...

Those apple blocks are gorgeous. I've had that stinking cold for a couple of weeks now. It just wont go away! I think it's gone and then it comes back. I get through a day at work but have no energy to sew in the evening. Sigh. I hope you manage to get over your cold quickly.

cityquilter grace said...

thanks for saving me from yet another UFO...i love those apple blocks and all the goodies from nann!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Nann said...

Have fun with 'em all, Shasta!

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Shasta, take care of yourself. You can always quilt for a half hour next week! Those apple blocks are so cute :-)

Emily said...

What a great haul! I love those apple blocks. Have fun!

Kaja said...

I hope you shake off your cold and soon feel well enough to sew again. All that new stash should be a great encouragement in that direction.

Tanya said...

The apple blocks will be fun to work with! I see that I have a couple of those patchwork books on my own bookshelf!

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Lucky you! Those apple blocks are so sweet. And what a load of loot. You will have fun with all the new toys!

Kate said...

What a cool package from Nann. Sorry you were busy and sick last week. Hopefully you've been doing better this week and got in some good stitching time.