When I looked at the list of my quilts that I have been keeping ever since I started quilting, the second UFO was the drunkard's path quilt. The top had already been pieced and it just needed to be sandwiched and quilted. At the time I made the quilt, I really had a hard time doing any free motion quilting, and I wasn't all that good at straight line quilting either.
I can't say I am better at quilting now, but I have more confidence and less fear. Since this is an older quilt with dated fabrics, I felt free to just add stitching to add texture. I really enjoyed doodling on the Adinkra quilt, so I decided to do the same on this quilt.
So for quite a few months, I have been slowly taking parts of this quilt and quilting it. A few minutes at a time, as the ideas of what to quilt in the spaces come to me, and as I can convince myself to touch a quilt sandwich in the heat of the summer.
I am happy to announce today that there are no basting safety pins on the sandwich, which means that the quilting is officially done! The quilt isn't finished of course, since it still needs to be trimmed and bound, but it is certainly much closer to completion now.
The pictures on this post obviously have nothing to do with the Drunkard's Path quilt and are there for your viewing pleasure only.
15 Minutes to Stitch: Week 35These two weeks, as the days and weeks continue to blur together, I have been working on quilting the ethnic drunkard path quilt, and finished my mini of the month. I have also been cleaning the sewing room. You may get a bit of a deja vu from my last posting, but, what can I say, I have been consistently avoiding any distractions this month.
15 Minute sessions of stitching this month: 14 out of 14
15 Minute sessions of stitching this year: 207 out of 244 sessions
Success Rate: 85%
15 Minutes to Stitch