Sunday, May 23, 2021

2021: Week 21 of 15 Minutes to Stitch

 

 

We have suddenly reached summer, heat-wise, and Zeus is ready to take off his winter coat. I bought a trimmer and have been playing amateur groomer. I weaved that rug from strips cut out of jeans a few years ago and when I brought it down, Zeus has claimed it for his own.

I planted a couple of tomato plants and a flower. My lawn mower stopped working last week so I hired the job out to someone who was cutting the neighbor's lawn. I thought that would help free some time this weekend. They whipped around my yard so quickly, but didn't use the mulching function. With all the rain we have been having, there were glass clippings everywhere and I had to spend the time I normally spend mowing to rake the clippings.

2021:  Week 21 of 15 Minutes to Stitch



I didn't take a lot of photos this week, so here is an old quilt I made for my daughter. It's called Kanji Wishes. Fabric from this quilt is also in the quote quilt, and other quilts. 

I worked six days this week, so quilting had to take a backseat. I can again take credit for two days.  I spent one day cutting inner border strips and cornerstones, and another day sewing the sashing rectangles to the cornerstone squares. All this for the Amalfi quilt, formerly known as Seaglass Rooftops.


15 minute days this week --2 out of 7
15 minute days this year -- 133 out of 143 days
Success rate  = 93%
 



Linked with:

15 Minutes to Stitch

2 comments:

Tanya said...

You've got some nice kanji in that quilt... Dream, faith, friendship, joy, health, love, happiness, peace and progress.

Kim said...

Your Zeus is a sweet fellow. Kanji Wishes is lovely.