Sunday, August 15, 2021

Productive Quilting Week

 

 

Kate is doing a photography challenge with her family, and I am tagging along by following their prompts. This week's prompt was Black and White. I decided I would take a photo from my August folder and change it to black and white. I couldn't choose one so I have two black and white photos in this post.

 

2021:  Week 33 of 15 Minutes to Stitch

 

 

I added more motifs to the Quote quilt. I have finished quilting all of the blocks, and just need to do an inspection to see if there is more quilting needed on the border. I will start preparing the binding today.

I am planning my mini quilt of the month, using some fabric from my fabric trash can. I am also trying to hold off starting anything else until the Quote Quilt is finished.



15 minute days this week --7 out of 7
15 minute days this year -- 205 out of 227 days
Success rate  = 90%
 

Linked with:



15 Minutes to Stitch





 

5 comments:

straythreads said...

Beautiful Peruvian daffodils aka naked ladies! My mother alsays planted those in the garden and around the house. After she passed away my dad went to great lengths to keep them growing and blooming. He loved to brag about his naked ladies.
thanks for sparking a memory

Queeniepatch said...

The iron manhole cover is black in itself so the black and white photo is not as striking as the second. You have to take a second to register that there is ivy climbing up the wall.
Black and white photos ara always very 'arty'.
The sky is not black and white but grey and white, but nevertheless striking.

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

Wonderful photos, really liked the b&w ones.

-Soma

Kate said...

I like both your photos, both have great textures. Congrats on all the stitching time last week. Hope this week is as good.

Tanya said...

I've been trying my hand at sketching. Your black and white photos reminds me that I could try sketching from a monotone photo and maybe my head wouldn't get so mixed up!