Tuesday, October 19, 2021

2021: Week 42 of 15 Minutes to Stitch


 The solids I have in fat quarters are pretty calm, browns and beige. I made the green block from the fat quarter. 



I like the mood of the fat quarters. Mature and sophisticated. But it doesn't entice or motivate me to make the blocks.


I have some yardage of solids which are brighter which entice me more.  They look fine in this picture, but when I was looking at them earlier, I decided that I could use the tamer fabric, and stay sophisticated while adding a little zing. So for now, I will keep the fat quarters in the mix and add the yardage starting from the calmer fabrics. This photo doesn't look too bright, but maybe it was the Tuxedo Vest post that made me feel like I would prefer a little less zing.

At this point, I think a checkerboard sashing would be good. I have to decide the fabric for that so I can start making it now.


2021:  Week 42 of 15 Minutes to Stitch


Another wimpy report. I finished the green postage stamp block.


15 minute days this week --3 out of 7
15 minute days this year -- 252 out of 290 days
Success rate  = 87%
 


Linked with:



15 Minutes to Stitch

6 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

It sounds like you have a good plan and of course you can always change your mind as more blocks are made. That is the fun part, design as you go.

Sandy said...

I love the more muted fabrics, especially as a calm contrast to the brighter ones. They compliment the bright ones, rather than compete with them. But that’s just me. I’m sure whatever you created will be lovely, and uniquely you.

Kaja said...

I like the mix of fabrics you have gone with and admire that you are prepared to make so many blocks with those tiny pieces.

Rose said...

Oh, I so love these.. I am in phone and can't wait to see in the computer.

Kim said...

The fabrics you are using for each block look fabulous together. Those muted fabrics sit perfectly with the zingier ones. Gosh, that is a lot of itty bitty squares stitched together, but well worth the effort.

Kate said...

I like the zinger fabrcis, but the others shouldn't blend in well. I'm right along with you on wimpy stitching reports. It's not been the best year for me on that front.