You will be astounded when I announce that I am finished with the cleaning. It was much easier than I expected. Apparently I did a good job of keeping my cleaning projects small and manageable. The party went very well.
I am also finished with the birthday quilt. I am very happy with it. I was able to free motion quilt a swirly design in the center, and some wavy lines on the border. The recipient really likes batiks, so I added quarter circles in each corner, along with some beads to keep them down. I also added lots of beads all around the flange. I sewed the binding diagonally - I usually sew straight across - and was very happy with that decision because the seam was very close to the mitered corner. I'll have to do them diagonally from now on.
Here's the whole thing on my clean dining table.