So, this is another batch of circle blocks for my Quilty Project 365, and if you stick with me, there are group shots of all the blocks. When I left you last, I showed you Happy Block 142. The more I look at it though, the more I want to add a border around it instead of using an adjusting strip across the whole row of circles that have been made already. So it will now be blocks 142-145. This means we continue with Block 146.
This may not look like a circle to you, but it was in its past life. It started off as a circle, and the edges were turned down until it became a hexagon. Here's a link to the tutorial. It's fun, quick and easy. But it does use a lot of fabric. There is a lot of fabric underneath. You can rack your brain to remember if you are supposed to match the thread to the background or the applique, but I did neither and used a bright orange! It is more visible in person.
This circle is made up of leftover bits from other circles. I needed to use them or throw them away so I decided to use them. I thought I had made a "garbage circle" before, but I don't remember which one it was.
These are two circles. One is cut into a cog and the other one on top. I don't think I have done this enough - work on making the background interesting instead of focusing on top of the circle.
This one is a boring circle. I can't think of anything interesting to say about it. The purple is a really old piece of fabric, from when I was a new quilter.
This one uses leftovers from other circles too. That weird shape around the circle started out as a circle too.
I had been planning on making a bicycle for my circle quilt anyway, but this study about bicycle drawings inspired me to go ahead and make it now. It seems strange to me that the more rushed I feel, the more compelled I am to not try to "get away with" making something simple. Maybe it is because I get block 149 as a punishment when I try. Maybe subconsciously, I am forcing myself to slow down.
This block uses leftover pieces, and the pink bit is pieced to the black. It was a part of the Cultural Fusion rail fence blocks. I haven't sewn the pieces down yet.
That's it. Ready for some group shots? These have been pieced together as much as they can, but there are a lot of loose pieces, since I have to wait for other blocks to be finished before I can piece them together.
Left side. I've been debating back and forth about whether this big block should be on the left side or the right side. We'll see where it winds up.
Middle. When I looked at the pictures of the recent rows of blocks, it was the S in rules that stood out, even more than the big blocks. It surprised me, but I'm okay with that since my first name starts with S. Now with the previous set of blocks, with the green in the blocks above it, it doesn't stand out as much.
Here's the right side. The right side still has all the embroidery. If I do turn Happy into four blocks, then there will be three big blocks in these two/three rows, even though there is only one big block in all of the rows above them.
If you want to see how others have interpreted the Quilty 465 Project, here's the May linkup.
If you want to see other scrap projects, here's the Oh Scrap linkup.
I've also linked to Moving It Forward. See what others are working on this week.
To see more quilts with blocks, see Building Blocks Tuesday.
If you want to read the story about the other blocks, click the Quilty Project 365 label below this post.