Welcome to my Blog Hop Day! The theme for the blog hop is hosted by Carol Swift from Just Let Me Quilt.
The July blog hop, "Something Smells Fishy", started Monday!
This challenge immediately thought of going to the beach in a tropical location. I reached for all the bright and colorful fabrics that made me think of the beach vacation.
I decided to make a quilt that was both pieced and applique. I immediately had the idea and didn't go through a lot of different ideas like I sometimes do for these blog hops. I ran with the first idea I had.
I first pieced the border triangles and then based on that size, added the center fabric that will serve for the background for the fish.
I then made a crazy tropical fish which will probably show you how little I know about fish anatomy.
I chose the backing fabric, and have cut the backing and backing fabric to size.
Thank you for joining me on this blog hop. I posted a list of the other participants in the blog hop, so be sure to visit them to see more fishy projects!

8 comments:
Your "crazy" fish is so much fun! All the colors you chose work well together.
Love all the bright colors that you chose! That fish is fun. Have fun quilting it.
What a fun project! Love how you brought this colorful guy to life! What a great way to play with scraps too!
What a bright, fun fish. This is such a happy piece! Thank you for sharing!
You pulled out all stops and fabric for this challenge, didn't you! The way you designed this incredible fish is amazing. So colorful and unique...love it! Thanks for swimming straight into this challenge with your creative and beautiful fish, Shelina!
So cute
Adorable fish! Thanks so much for sharing!
Adorable project, thanks so much for sharing!
Post a Comment