Friday, December 15, 2017

2018 Planning Party

It's time already to make plans for 2018!

Yvonne at Quilting Jetgirl is hosting a Planning Party with lots of fun and prizes, and I figure I may as well play along.  It might mean an extra one or two quilts get made if I make plans and have goals.

 2018 Planning Party

Let's see. What are my plans for my year?

1. Finish things.  I have many quilts that have been started, and have fallen farther back in the queue as I keep starting new things.  I want to move the quilt along a little bit and make it smaller.  While I don't feel the need to eliminate the line since I like working on more than one quilt at a time, it would be nice to get some quilts progress to the completion stage.  Since quilting has become easier with the quilting table, I think this goal will be more reachable than it has been in the past.

2.  Have fun.  I am hoping that I can maintain the relaxed attitude I have had lately about quilting and keep reducing quilt guilt. If I can keep the rules to a minimum, I can thoroughly enjoy my quilting and genealogy hobbies.

3.  Clean and organize.  As you know,  have been cleaning and organizing my entire house using an adapted version of Marie Kondo's Konmari Method.  I have gotten through the main spaces, and decluttered and organized quite a bit.  The next space will have to be the sewing room / craft supplies. I think it needs to be done before the more sentimental things like pictures, and I want it done before the out of the way areas like the basement and garage. I have trouble doing this area because I keep wanting to work on projects, but I think that if I dedicate some time to doing both, I may be able to get through it.

12 comments:

Danice G said...

Wonderful goals. Mine are similar, lol.

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

These are wonderful goals, and I like the simplicity of them. I could see posting them by my sewing machine to help keep on track through the year. I hope you have a wonderful 2018 and thank you for linking up!

Jasmine said...

I wish you the best with your goals this upcoming year. Organizing can be hard, but it is so rewarding.

Carrie Bee said...

Oh I think this should be my list too!!! I have quilts to finish and I always neglect cleaning and organizing in favor of sewing. And I could always use more fun! Great goals, wishing you luck in meeting them!!!

June D said...

Great inspiration. : )

jenclair said...

This time of year really does make us all do some re-evaluation and seek for some simple goals for the new years. Good luck with the decluttering and organization of your sewing room! Every time I try, I end up finding something and coming up with a new project that leads to chaos. :)

Preeti said...

Finishing things and having fun are terrific goals. I am with you on these. Cleaning/organizing - well, sometimes, I have to do that :-D
I am sure there will be a flurry of quilty activity in 2018.

Teadoddles said...

Great goals & similar to the ones I'm setting for myself. I'm always reorganizing my craft room, but it never seems to stop growing! :)

Kate said...

A good list of goals. I'm with you on getting a few more quilts to the finished stage, but making progress counts too. Good luck with all your plans for 2018.

Pamela Arbour said...

Sounds like you have a good plan. I can certainly relate to those.

Kaja said...

What a great set of goals. I hope you manage to stick to them and enjoy your quilting in 2018.

Chantal said...

Good luck with your goals. They sound very doable and healthy (on the stress level). Number 1 is what I want for 2018 too. Enjoy! ;^)