I gave Rey some eyelashes, a chin divot, and a nose. There are parts that are not quilted which makes her face wrinkled, so I am considering more quilting. Sam had quilted strands of hair across her face, and it looked good when she did it.
Her torso follows quilting that Sam used, but more organic. I also outlined the whole shape, which helps distinguish her arms from her torso.
I gave her plaid pants. And fingers. Just don't count them!
These are the thread colors I used. The bobbin thread ran out as soon as I was finished with the variegated orange. I found the pretty blue but it looked like it was running out after I filled the bobbin so I had to use a different blue for the quilting. The background quilting looked much better in my drawn sample. They are just supposed to be straight lines and smooth curves to go to the next row, but alternated so they don't switch at the same place. I plan to practice drawing some more and quilt it using that design, and see how much this background bothers me when I am done with that. Right now, it does bother me enough to want to rip out.
That lumpy space besides BB8 doesn't look that bad in real life. It just looks like that because there is unquilted space besides quilted space and I think it can be quilted down.
15 Minutes to Stitch Progress
This week, all of my sewing time was spent filling bobbins and quilting this quilt. I didn't quilt every single day. Daylight savings time requires adjusting time, but I made up the lost time on the weekend.
My progress as of Sunday was:
15 Minute sessions of stitching this week: 7 out of 7
15 Minute sessions of stitching this year: 262 out of 315 sessions
Success rate: 83%
15 Minutes to Stitch