Sunday, April 14, 2024

I broke my 100% 15 Minutes to Quilt Streak

 

This is a pajamas doll quilt I already showed you. When Project Quilting announced the challenge to make a quilt out of clothing, I decided to make one out of my old pajamas.  I also decided to make a YouTube tutorial about how to make an on point quilt while I was making this quilt, and it was difficult to move pieces around easily on a design wall. I started with big pieces so I could make it quickly but I decided that a big lap quilt is not something I could make in a week on my work schedule.

So I finished this doll quilt for the challenge. Then I started putting the video together, but my microphone did not work on so many of the videos. I recorded the video clips again after replacing the battery but again they didn't have sound.  I could do voice-overs on a lot of the videos, but not all of them worked with that, and I hadn't finished all of the questions I wanted to answer, so I cut up more scraps to be able to experiment and show something.


Instead of using pajama scraps, which I wanted to save in case I needed it for the big pajamas quilt, I used bright colors from the last two quilt tops I made.


The end result of all this is that I got through the video even though I had to spend a lot of time editing this video and that took away from sewing time. Since this is a tutorial, I wanted it to be the best it could be since it is a search based video.


I also created a chart for this video. It tells you the measurements to cut the square for more measurements than I have seen in other charts online. It goes up in quarter inch increments from 1 to 30 inches finished size of blocks.  Here's the direct link to the free Triangle Measurements for On Point Quilts Chart by Quilt and Color: https://ko-fi.com/s/be9453f507


And finally, it means that I started three quilts and finished one. I can argue that the scrap squares I cut up would be for the video and not a quilt I was actually starting, but I really like the way they look and have decided I am going to go ahead and sew it up.

15 Minutes to Stitch 2024




This week, I broke my streak of quilting every day this year.

15 minute days this week --1 out of 7 days
15 minute days this year -- 99 out of 105 days
Success rate  = 94%

4 comments:

Nann said...

Sorry you had tech challenges. I get obsessive about streaks so I try to avoid such 'competitions.'

Rose said...

I think you accomplish so much. Considering that you work.

Kate said...

It's so frustrating when the tech fails. Sorry you weren't able to maintain 100%. Sometimes it just doesn't work out. You've still made great strides on your projects so far this year.

Bonnie said...

Um, er... isn't making a video of quilting part of the quilting time? Just saying. I know I count my time when I taking care of scraps and clearing off spaces. I added those ideas to my mind at the beginning plus any knitting or needlework I might do over the year. You've still got a good percentage.