Thursday, April 25, 2024

April Showers Blog Hop

 I made a quilt for the April Showers blog hop. A list of all of the participants are in my last blog hop. Be sure to look at them after you are done admiring my quilt.



After making a few bigger quilts, I am back yet again making a smaller quilt. It is a fun applique pattern that adds to my collection of elephant quilts. Doesn't everyone have one?


I ran out of time making this quilt so I didn't finish it, but it wasn't from lack of effort. I even made it during my lunch and breaks from my job. But it is a great quilt and all I have left to do is to bind it. I want to take the time to make it right, so I added all the spokes on the umbrella, the eye and head piece of the elephant as well as the blanket.



I echo quilted around the shapes with some big stitch free motion quilting.


These pictures were taken at night so they may be dark, but I will take better photos when it is bound.

9 comments:

Quilting Gail said...

Your elephant quilt is very cute!!! Thanks for sharing!

Kate said...

Very cute! Love the blanket with the little fringe.

Calicojoan said...

What a fun little mini quilt and a great way to explore and play with applique! Love him!

Carol said...

How clever and creative! I love the idea of the elephant under the umbrella. :) Your details are impressive. Thanks for sharing!

Carol Swift said...

Such a fun idea for an elephant mini quilt...sweet! Thanks for sharing this cutie!

Karrin Hurd said...

Lovely quilt, with great details. Thanks so much for sharing!

Moira said...

great quilt. I have the fabric you used for the saddle blanket in my stash (at least scraps of it)!

Danice G said...

Cute elephants made with nice fabrics. Looking forward to seeing your completed quilt.

LJ said...

Yes, I love elephant quilts. The one I've made was given as a gift but I should do another one just for me.