Sunday, December 7, 2008

Quiltathon

Here in the SWEATSHOP, a QUILTATHON weekend has been going on. Quilters from around the world are quilting this weekend. You can click on the link to see what everybody else is up to. Do you think if I keep using words like Sweatshop and Quiltathon, I will get more accomplished?



Yesterday, the snow was blanketing the city outside the SWEATSHOP. The photo shows the beginning. There is more out there now, as it pretty much snowed all day. Inside the SWEATSHOP, the blanket was a fabric kind. The blocks have been laid out - sort of, the living room isn't big enough, and I didn't want to put any under the couch, but I've got the general idea.

I had to keep taking breaks to eat - the turkey smell was making me hungry. I ate lots of fruit. Then I had to package most of it for the freezer - some of it did wind up in the refrigerator, and some of it was dinner. It is delicious. I highly recommend the maple syrup / orange juice recipe. Okay, I combined a couple of recipes. I didn't a lot of water - only enough to rinse out the bowls, and used maple syrup instead of sugar. When I made this a couple of years ago, I enjoyed it so much that I kept defrosting the turkey from the freezer and ate it over and over again until it was gone, instead of getting tired of it and eating other things for variety.

Today, a little bit less than half the rows are put together. They are the ones farthest away from the camera and one row is in the sewing machine, so I can understand if you don't see the difference between the two photos. I am hoping to have the whole top done by the end of the day.

11 comments:

Tina said...

Ooooh, I really like your quilt! It's turning out so great!

Suzanne said...

What a beautiful design...love the blue.

whimzeestitches said...

Love the quilt! It's so magical looking!

InfinityQuilter/Knitter said...

Very pretty!

Donna said...

I wanted to thank you for your comment on my blog, and when I came to visit your blog funny thing is seems we made more the one quilt alike. I'm currently working on a mini monkey wrench/snails trail quilt too. How odd is that. I've saved you to the blogs I read because we apparently have the same tastes in quilts. I haven't had much time to read your blog but will be back to read up on it soon. Hope you have a Happy Holiday! Hugs, Donna

Anonymous said...

Love the scrappiness of the snail's trail!

Maya Sara Matthew said...

That's a spectacular quilt. Thank-you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment about the Christmas tree ornaments.

Michele Bilyeu said...

No, but we'll all be more impressed ;) Not that you need to work on us, this quilt is so phenomenally beautiful and we are already so jealous of it and proud of you! You are just doing an awesome job with it and your color choices were are perfect!

BrendaLou said...

Absolutely stunning!!!!

Tanya said...

That quilt is sooooo beautiful! I know you've been working on it awhile and maybe you don't want to start quilting it right away once it is all pieced but that would be heaven to sleep under!

NEEDLEWINGS said...

This is one of my favorite quilt patterns! Yours is so scrumptious!