Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Don't Think About It

As you know, the Back to School sales have been in full force for many weeks now, and I have been shopping every week to get the free or nearly free items. My daughter hasn't mentioned a need for anything, even when asked, and sometimes is frustrated when I buy things because she hasn't told me she needs it. I figure I can use it around the house, even if she doesn't take it to school. And I would much rather buy it now when it is free than wait until she asks for it, when I have to pay, gasp!, full price.

I've thought about it, and decided that there might be another reason for her hesitation. Maybe, she simply doesn't want to think about it. The longer she waits before starting to get ready for school, the longer her vacation is. I understand that. Sometimes I am surprised that people start talking about dreading the upcoming workweek on Sunday afternoon. You've got the rest of Sunday to enjoy!

I think she might have gotten it from me. Even though I've read about the change of seasons from other blogs, it wasn't happening in my neighborhood. It's cooler today, and there are leaves on the lawn. Autumn around here isn't going to happen until I am good and ready, and hopefully after September 22. It's not that I don't like fall, I really do. It's just that winter comes after fall.

The leaves here are just there because the squirrels shook them down.

2 comments:

Allie said...

I don't want to think about it - I'm not done with summer yet!!!!!

Tanya said...

I like your new background for your blog! the birch trees are beautiful. Cooling off already huh? Today was hot for us but yes, I can feel autumn in the air.