Wednesday, December 30, 2009

A Year In Review


It is time to post the annual recap of the year, and my plans for the new year.


This was the year of small projects. I made an Alzheimer's quilt, two small wall hangings, and finished a UFO.



The first part of the year, I was working two full time jobs. You may think that such a situation would leave no time for quilting, but I did manage to applique some Moondance blocks. I made some ATCs for the birthday swap. Later, I started making the Wildflower Garden quilt, the orange African crazy quilt, the Blushing Bride quilt, and the African Circle quilt. I also attended the National Quilting Association annual quilt show (all three days!), did some genealogy research, helped index some genealogy records, painted my bedroom, scanned two boxes of photos, and made several photo slideshows. I made luggage tags and a bag for Art Everyday Month, before diving into making gifts for my family members. It was a very good year.



As for my plans for the new year, please refer to my post from last year, which remains almost completely unfulfilled. I did manage to applique some Moondance blocks. I changed my goals to finish anything I started and not worry about older projects. Eventually, the plan was to finish an old one or two as time went by. Yeah the finishing part didn't work so well either. I think I'll refrain from making any new promises, although just finishing those quilts sounds pretty good.

No comments: