I have completed the leftover rail fence quilt. As usual, the leftover quilt is finished before the original finish. Here are some beauty shots.
It turns out that the quilt top was just the right size, because I found a scrap of polyester batting and a scrap for the backing that were both just the right size for this quilt.
Here's the backing with the stowaway label. You can see that I tried a lot of different quilting designs on it. It has been a long time since I free motion quilted, and the first time I did so on this machine. Since this was a leftovers, improv quilt, I decided to do the quilting improv too.
Here's the whole thing.
In case you are missing seeing circles on this blog, here are a couple of circle for you. It's hard to make circles when the machine is set up for free motion quilting.
The one on the left is made with leftover scraps that had fusible on them. That block represents Star Wars. You're just going to have to trust me on that one.
For the one on the right, I found the button on the ground during a walk and it just had to go into the quilt. If I have ever made a yo-yo before, it has been a long time, since I don't remember making one. I've always wanted to make one though, so I can now check that off the list!
Scrap Quilt Challenge