Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Quilting Daisy's Chickenpox


Just to prove that this is a quilting blog, I am quilting Daisy's Chickenpox.  I gifted the tile quilt to my sister, but this one has all the safety pins!  I did relent and buy more safety pins, but I still wanted to get this one done before sandwiching yet another quilt. This one was next in line, and it didn't seem fair to bypass it for another quilt.

The store where I bought the machine says I don't need a walking foot. Strange that they don't have a walking foot for the machine, but it does work just fine without one.

Edited to add: I see I did say walking foot. I meant darning foot.

6 comments:

Lara B. said...

LOL, you could just keep buying box after box of safety pins Shasta. ;)
Love your babushka puppy!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Happy quilting (and reclaiming of those currently-in-use safety pins)!

Kaja said...

Enjoy your quilting - a machine that doesn't need a walking foot seems like a good thing!

Tanya said...

Wow, that's some impressive quilting you are doing there! And without a darning foot? That's amazing! I one time bought a darning foot st the local (California local) vacuum cleaner store... don't ask me why they would sell sewing machine implements there but they did...

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
June D said...

So you are sewing without any pressure foot? I've thought about doing that, but didn't have the nerve to actually do. Sounds like I'm behind in reading your posts, so I will do that now to find out about the new machine and other things! : )