This week, I worked on basting around the crazy quilt blocks so that I wouldn't put beads too close to the seam allowance.
Most of my sewing time, however, was spent on the On Ringo Lake blocks. They look the same as they did the last time I showed you, so I won't show you again now. I don't want you to spend all your money renting the galloping horse when you can just wait until the finished quilt top. I have more full blocks done, and have a few more blocks to finish. Then I need to sew the sashing pieces.
I did spend some quality time with the seam ripper this week. (Not the one in the picture, obviously. It is the only seam ripper photo I have taken and labeled as such.) I use the seam ripper for blocks that aren't quality seams (bunching, not properly lined up, seam allowance too small, not going the right way), but I don't use them for points that aren't sharp or don't match exactly. I do want this quilt to be finished in my lifetime and I am choosing not to look for perfection for this bed sized quilt. It is a bed quilt and I don't want those sharp points to hurt me while I am sleeping.
Don't worry, this was a normal amount of correcting mistakes for this big quilt with lots of pieces. I didn't make any major mistakes. I normally correct as I go, but I was trying to show progress, so I set aside the errors. I didn't want to make new blocks when the corrections were so simple, so I had to fix them as a bunch.
I did this spreadsheet early in the week, anticipating my perfection. It takes some concentration to figure out how to tally these, since each month has a different number of days and start on different days.
This week, I missed Monday and Tuesday but I made up for it. There will hopefully be one more week of "perfection" before the downhill slide.
15 Minutes to Stitch