In January, I resumed work on the Circle 365 quilt. I started with block 201 this year.
I also showed you my progress on the On Ringo Lake quilt which was started late last year as a mystery quilt by Bonnie Hunter. Pointless Puzzle was a small quilt top I started with some leftover blocks from On Ringo Lake.
On the January 30, I showed you my finished Adinkra quilt, which was started in 2016. It set a pretty high bar for the rest of the year.
In February, I kept working on the circle blocks.
I made these little quilts for a Valentine's Day swap. The one I sent to the swap recipient took a nap at her post office so it was pretty lucky that I had made two, and I was able to send her the second one. I got the first one back more than a month later.
I kept working on On Ringo Lake and finished making all the blocks.
I did some stitching on my orange crazy quilt block.
Also in February, I made a tiny book to fit in the French mints tin.
In March, I kept working on On Ringo Lake blocks.
In April, I kept working on On Ringo Lake blocks and the sashing.
In May, I kept working on On Ringo Lake, practiced some crochet and stumpwork. I also started taking an online crazy quilting class, which I did not finish.
In June, I finished the On Ringo Lake quilt top and promptly set it aside. This one took a great deal of time, and I am so proud that I was able to keep working on it without getting side tracked.
I made another stumpwork lady. I did some more work for the crazy quilting class.
I made this small flag bird.
In August I made a Death Star for the Droid quilt and worked on a vintage stitchery.
In September, I started Sweet Land of Liberty sewalong, and the Colonial Bricks quilt.
I also finished the small quilt I made with On Ringo Lake fabric. It started out being called Pointless Wonder but had a name change to Unassuming Quilt at the last minute.
I kept working on the Colonial Bricks quilt. It was supposed to be a simple and quick quilt, but other quilts keep hopping in line in front of it.
I made these two little quilts in October.
In October, I made a belated housewarming present.
I also made more Sweet Land of Liberty and circle blocks.
Throughout the year, I have been making a few circles now and then. I've made progress on the Circle 365 quilt. I've passed the halfway point.
I finished the This Droid is Not For Sale quilt.
I finished a latch hook my daughter made and turned it into a pillow.
I've been working on quilting my drunkard path quilt. It is my oldest UFO.
I've started an ATC holder.
I started the Sunlight in Winter / Garden Mosaic quilt. This slowed down the progress on finishing UFOs, but my quilts are used to jostling for their place in line.
With all of the small quilts I made this year, my average finish time has gone down significantly. It now takes me an average of 251 days to finish a quilt. I generally don't mind that the number is big, because fun, not productivity is the goal. Also, I would make simpler quilts if I wanted quicker turnaround times, but the simpler quilts don't hold my interest and sometimes leave me disappointed with myself for not choosing a more challenging quilt when I do finish them. Once the drunkard path quilt gets finished, that average number will go back up. But I do like that number to be smaller, so I might need to make smaller quilts in 2019 to make that number smaller again!