Sunday, June 14, 2020

Additions to the Quote Quilt


It is amazing how much quilting you can get done when you are procrastinating cleaning out the basement!  I had a week of evenings working on the quote quilt while listening to an audiobook while keeping Zeus company as he fretted over fireworks or thunderstorms, depending on the day.

This space was supposed to be filled with a scene but I kept thinking of motifs I wanted to add so it became that instead.


This guy was sitting in the inspiration photo but standing seemed better for the quote so I am leaving his legs like that. Plus I don't feel like drawing the legs.
 

I keep saying how excited I am about putting the dates of this quilt on the label. I couldn't wait so I went ahead and put the dates on the quilt. The squirrel will subtly help explain the long time period of the quilt's process. Now I really have to get it done this year. I don't think it can wait until 2200!

2020:  Week 24 of 15 Minutes to Stitch

This was cleanup week for the project that didn't happen at work.  The current job is expected to continue for several weeks.

15 minute days this week -- 7 out of 7
15 minute days this year -- 139 out of 152 days
Success rate  = 91%

8 comments:

Joyful Quilter said...

I've found I get a lot of housework done when I'm trying to avoid squaring up a bazillion little blocks. ;o) Love your new motifs...lol...nothing like a deadline to inspire a finish.

Kyle said...

This quilt will be amazing. Love the idea of a squirrel for the label. No explanation needed

cspoonquilt said...

I really like that quote about change...or lack there of. It's so true!!! I like the way you embroidered the rest of the fellows body in the next patch too. makes it more interesting! cheers!

Tanya said...

Your quote quilt is growing more and more special!

My dog is driving us crazy with all his barking during the daily thunderstorms we've been having. He barks the whole way through it and there's no place we can escape! I hope storm season ends soon. So does our dog, John.

tierneycreates said...

Wonderful!

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

It's called "procrastiquilting" - ;). It's such a special quilt and will be so fun years from now for you (and others) to "read" the quilt.

Kim said...

I love the fellow just the way he is. Love the quote! All the details and quotes, and words in this quilt make it so very special.

Kate said...

You've had a pretty good year on the stitching front. Your quote quilt is coming along nicely. You've made some fun additions.