Sunday, March 28, 2021

15 Minutes to Stitch Recap


Debbi at Piecing the Past Quilts is hosting another quiltalong. This time it is for the redwork baskets quilt. Each weekly pattern is free for the week. Hurry if you want to join, it is starting! She is very generous and has hosted these quiltalongs for a while now.


2021:  Weeks 13 of 15 Minutes to Stitch

Now that the Project Quilting challenges are over, I can spend my time spring cleaning and replenishing my frozen meal supply.

I got my first COVID vaccine this week and spent the bulk of my free time with my genealogy addiction. On the quilting front, I did manage to finish quilting the shirts quilt. That's the shirt I gifted unfinished a year and a half ago. Now that winter is over, and the recipient won't need the warmth of a big quilt, I figure I should get it done and re-gifted so it is ready for next winter. 

It was like one of those chores you keep putting off and putting off because you think it will be difficult or inconvenient, but when you got it done, you thought you should have done it already because it was much easier than expected. There were three rows of quilting and I did sew only in one direction with the bulk of the quilt outside the throat, but it didn't cause any problems.

I plan to add some sashing on the rooftops blocks today, and today's stitching time will count on this week's numbers.


15 minute days this week --7 out of 7
15 minute days this year -- 87 out of 87 days
Success rate  = 100%
 

I was at 100% at this time last year too.


Linked with:

15 Minutes to Stitch

5 comments:

Kyle said...

That's a great basket quilt. Glad you had a chance to work on your shirt quilt as well. It's nice to see the honey bees out doing their thing.

Marti said...

I love the red basket quilt. It's going to take all my willpower not to join that quiltalong.

I've been indulging my genealogy addiction lately too and spent way too many hours this months chasing leads down rabbit holes.

Kate said...

Looks like a very fun and relatively fast quilt along. Enjoy! Hope you got all caught up on the genealogy and meal prep stuff.

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Great job keeping up with 15 minutes a day quilting! Momentum!!! That basket quilt is going to be beautiful!

Tanya said...

That bee looks like it's happy that spring has arrived!