Monday, January 6, 2014

Tuxedo Diamonds Quilt Reveal


Ta da. My latest finish.  I continued another row of echo quilting, which made the quilting pattern take on a rough diamond shape. I was going to call it diamond in the rough or mention the jagged teeth, but realized my rough diamonds were already wearing bow ties and therefore decided to call it Tuxedo Diamonds.  You have to dress for the higher level you wish to achieve.

The back is a piece of fabric my mother gave me.  It is a printed jeans patchwork. It is a nice surprise for the stark red and white on the front, and shows how rough the diamonds are underneath the surface.   When I was in high school, I made a wrap around skirt with this fabric.


The label was supposed to repeat the block on the front.  I was initially going to write my information on the light corners.  I had run out of the white fabric so have a tan fabric.  The center was too big to not use, so I decided to write the label on the red.  I was afraid the red wouldn't show the letters, but going over it with the pen a couple of times is just fine.


Here it is on the wall to show the relative size. It is about 12 1/2" x 17 1/2". It shares fabric with the Optical Illusion and Snowbird.

2 comments:

Michele Bilyeu said...

Wonderful! I love your showcase wall. Really cute display of quilts.

KarenS said...

I love your wall display of little quilts. How did you attach them? Thanks! Karen