This year, I didn't do a lot of quilting. I was busy working on remodeling a "handyman special" property, which was quite a challenge since it required me to learn how to be a handyman.
I did manage to make a few small quilts though.
The snowbird quilt was the most recent finish.
In September, I finished some simple curtains for my bedroom and the guest room. The photo shows the guest room curtains. I've read about the trick of having big curtains to make the windows look bigger, but my walls are really small, and big windows like that would dwarf the room and make it look smaller. I got new curtain rods after this photo was taken. The willow is a stencil on the walls that were made by the person who lived here before me.
|Tulip Pillow made at Viking Sewing Event|
I made this pillow cover at a class at Joann's in the summer.
I finished Blushing Bride in January. I am still debating whether to add some more embroidery to it.
There are a couple of quilts that I have been working on recently. The end of the year trunk show really serves as a motivator. I didn't finish these in 2013, but they are well on the way.
This is another red and white quilt so I can have a collection. It doesn't have a name yet. When this is finished, I will have two red and white quilts! It started out as a copy of a quilt I found on Pinterest, but I lost the pin amongst my millions I have on the board, and decided to wing it on my own. So many choices! Should I add sashing? Border? Red or white? They all changed the look of the quilt, and were all perfectly acceptable choices. In the end, I decided to not to add a sashing or a border and leave it as is.
I think that the main difference between my quilt and the one I found was that the original quilt is bigger, and my white triangles are proportionately bigger. They are small, and I was afraid they would all get lost in the seam allowance. This makes it look completely different from the original, but it looks okay and I decided to keep going with it. I could always make another one that looks closer to the original. I am going to add at least one more row of echo quilting before binding it. I decided that I'd rather not skip the extra row of quilting just to have another finish in 2013.
This is the Daisy quilt I am making from a kit. It is all put together and sandwiched. It needs quilting. I was going to free motion quilt the red and white one so I could test out that feature on my new machine, but I wound up doing straight line quilting on it to keep it simple.
I hope you have enjoyed my 2013 Show and Tell. I hope you have a wonderful New Year, full of happy memories, good health, peace and relaxation, a large circle of loved ones, lots of money and even more time to do the things you want to do!