Friday, March 10, 2017

Part 13 Finished Life of Plenty


I finished Part 13 of Life of Plenty. As you can see, I did not cut out the pattern and make templates - I simply eyeballed them to cut them out. This fabric comes from many different quilts. The brown in the center of the flowers was used in 1857. The green and orange leaves were used in Lansing Leaves. The stems are from the Glitter block.  The mottled spool has been used in many different projects. The green spool was used in a project long ago - maybe Dear Jane. The orange flower is also old - maybe Moonflower.

Unfortunately none of these other quilts are finished, but maybe someday.

Linked to:
Kathy's Quilts 
Oh Scrap!

11 comments:

Allie-oops Designs said...

You do very well just eyeballing those pieces!!! So pretty!

Marle said...

So lovely!

Kaja said...

I like this with the pieces cut freehand - it has a charming feel to it.

SandraC said...

So pretty....and I like the embroidery bits, too!

Deb said...

Love the look of this block, you eyeball method is quite spot on.

Quilter Kathy said...

Such a fun way to applique by eyeballing the design and free hand cutting your shapes... looks great!

gayle said...

Eyeballing the design really gives it a whole new dimension. Love your color choices, too!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Very cute little block. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

Karen said...

Nice finish. I never did make the last of my blocks. Someday.

The Cozy Quilter said...

I like how eyeballing it gives your block a little more personality

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Your eyeballing technique is great, gives your block attitude; I love it! Well done; those other quilts will wait ever-so-patiently for your return, not to worry!