Monday, April 24, 2017

Zipping Along

I'm still zipping along with my fifteen minutes of sewing a day, feeding my machine whatever I can find to feed its ravenous appetite.  What else can I sew?


 I've found that I can't spend too much time thinking about what to sew, because that seriously cuts down on the fifteen minutes.  Just do it. Don't think about it.


I have a big list of things I can work on, but the circles have taken priority at the moment. I blame Cynthia. She said, ' I can't wait to see all of your "circles" together.'  Well, Cynthia, I can't either!  I originally kept joining the circles together so they stayed in order and didn't get lost.  Then I found a box to keep them in, so I didn't worry about them getting lost And I broke the rule about them having to be in chronological order. Then I found that with different size blocks, I had to add the rows in a certain way so it would fit. So that took away all the incentives to sew the pieces together as I went along.


Then there were some odd shaped pieces that required some thinking about proper sizes and where to put adjusting pieces, etc.  And then I needed a certain number of pieces sewn together, and I didn't have that number. Rather than unseam something, I figured I would just add more.  This paragraph is really why they weren't put together yet.


Well, with the hungry machine, and the just-do-it attitude, I started zipping along and joined the rows.  This is actually a good thing, because that is how the first few rows were put together. And because it saves my poor tired brain. I was able to add two rows to the original piece.


There is an obvious blue adjusting piece on the left, because apparently, I did not follow my original plan that my tired brain had gone through the trouble to figure out, but it works out. I think I had made some blocks smaller to accommodate the applique piece which I didn't add here.  I'm going to put tiny dots on that adjusting piece, and  no one will know it is an adjusting piece. I have some blocks left over that will go into the next row(s).

5 comments:

Allie-oops Designs said...

Love it - and love that you're "just doing it"!

Kaja said...

Good for Cynthia! I too am very happy to see this being put together; it looks great.

June D said...

Wow!

Tanya said...

Your circle quilt is wonderful and fascinating! I get the guilts too with my sewing. Recently I'm just trying to have a compete sewing day... no swimming, no teaching... minimal cleaning. It keeps the projects moving.

Tanya said...

Your circle quilt is wonderful and fascinating! I get the guilts too with my sewing. Recently I'm just trying to have a compete sewing day... no swimming, no teaching... minimal cleaning. It keeps the projects moving.