Thursday, April 27, 2017

Going Around in Circles

Sometimes when I am working on a particular quilt, I feel guilty about not making another one.  I've realized that this guilt comes from feeling like my quilts are in competition, like a race. When one is "winning," the others are falling farther behind.  I feel much better when I think about them in an unruly line.  Sometimes they manage to sneak up or down the line, so it isn't a straight line.  The important thing though is that, when I am moving one quilt forward, this means the rest of the quilts in line get to move one step forward too.

Block 188


I was going to piece this, but the brown fabric was too skinny, and it was easier to applique. It was also going to be an X, but this reminds me of a Brownie sash, so I left it as a diagonal.

Block 189


This is a leftover piece from the improv quilt.  I cut it in half and sewed it together to make a wider piece, then cut it into circles.

Block 190


This is the other circle made from the improv piece.  All three of these pieces are obvious circles, for a change of pace. 

All of my WIPS and UFOs get to move up three steps in line!

Linked to:




6 comments:

Allie-oops Designs said...

I don't like working on quilts simultaneously - it feels like I'm getting nowhere. But then I have to remember it isn't a race to the finish line, lol. They'll get done when they're done! Love your circles.

Lisa J. said...

I know this feeling of quilt competition well. I like this thought that if you work on any of them they all move up. I hope you can hang onto that feeling. I'm trying to get there with you now that you've introduced me to the concept.

Kaja said...

I like your way of looking at things; I find trying to handle lots of projects simultaneously just scrambles my head! Nice to see this one moving on still.

leanne said...

I feel the same way about all my quilts in the making - sometimes I'd like to just do one project until it's finished but that never happens !! Thanks for linking up your circles :) leanne @ daisyandjack

em's scrapbag said...

Always good to keep a line of projects going. You don't want to get bored. I like to think of it as a parade not a race.

June D said...

Fun to see more circles!