Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Quilt Reveal: Family Flower


Silly you! You thought that when I showed you a quilt reveal last time that you were seeing a finished quilt!

I couldn't leave well enough alone, and added some hand quilting and added a trim around the edge. I like it much better this way.  As I told you last time, the leaves have the names of family members embroidered on them so I need to cover them up for privacy reasons. The trim makes sure people see that this is a special quilt that was worth my effort to add the hand quilting and pretty trim.

I need to wash the guidelines for the hand quilting (yes believe it or not I planned this odd angle), and I think that will shrink up the remaining excess fabric.

Linked to:
Let's Bee Social 189

4 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Yes, it looks much better now and the hand quilting and trim was the perfect addition to it.

Nancy said...

What a great quilt! I really like the central flowers. (Viewing it from a distance I thought the hearts were part of the quilt.)

Allie-oops Designs said...

Oh excellent - the quilting and trim add so much pizazz!

Kate said...

Beautiful block!