Monday, May 21, 2018

Weekly Recap of 15 Minutes to Stitch

 

15 Minutes to Stitch

I had a busy week at work, and on the time I did have off, I chose to rest instead of quilt. I did not manage to get all seven sewing sessions last week. I did quilt some, so maybe about half of the sessions.

I am still sewing rows of On Ringo Lake blocks and sashing, and debating whether I want to make the quilt as big as I planned.  The quilt is queen sized, but my bed is a double bed. I thought a queen quilt would be more versatile and could just hang down more, but now I'm not so sure.
One of the advantages of making something is that it can be customized for your particular needs.  I will keep going from the outside in, and see how big I want to make it as I go along. I can always use the extra blocks to make a smaller quilt, a bed runner, wall hanging, etc.

I also signed up for a crazy quilt class with Kathy Shaw so one of the sessions was taken up collecting supplies and reading the initial material for that class.



I reenacted the design bed experience for you.

15 Minute sessions of stitching this week:  5 out of 7
15 Minute sessions of stitching this year:  126 out of 140 sessions
Success rate: 90%

 Linked to:
15 Minutes to Stitch
Let's Bee Social

6 comments:

Kaja said...

You are still keeping up a good rate with your stitching, and you'll enjoy it more it you let yourself take a break when you need one. Ringo Lake looks great on your bed - I prefer my quilts on the big side, but it can be a lot of extra work.

Allie-oops Designs said...

Pretty flowers! Sometimes you just need downtime, your success rate is still incredible! Love love love that Ringo Lake quilt.

June D said...

The quilt is looking so lovely. Great work! It would be easier sometimes if there was just one perfect path for our projects. You make such good decisions though in the end - and you get things done! Bravo! I looked up that class - am going to follow her as I want to work on learning hand stitching methods too. Thanks for sharing.

Kate said...

I can fully relate to work affecting your stitching time. Seems like you did really well anyway. Hope work calmed down and you were able to get more done this week.

Tanya said...

Your On Ringo Lake is turning out beautifully! You chose some great colors!

Unknown said...

best executive mba in india
You are as yet keeping up a decent rate with your sewing, and you'll appreciate it more it you let yourself enjoy a reprieve when you require one. Ringo Lake looks awesome on your bed - I incline toward my coverlets on the huge side, yet it can be a considerable measure of additional work.