But the weather wasn't too warm, and it didn't take nearly the amount of time I anticipated. I had stripped the bed, and just laid the rows so I could envision the quilt on the bed and make sure there weren't any awkward spots. I was trying to get a lot done so I didn't take photos for the blog. I probably should have because sometimes you see things in photos that you don't see in real life.
So the rows have been pressed, and most of the corner triangles have the light rectangles sewn on. And some of the blue rectangles have been cut. I will trim them to actual size, as Bonnie directed instead of properly measuring the trapezoids ahead of time. This does leave big waste triangles, but I'm sure I will be able to find a use for them somewhere.
15 Minutes to Stitch
I had a successful week and managed to adhere to the spirit of the challenge by actually working on the quilt most of the days this week. And on the days I missed, I was able to make up for the time on other days. I managed to find more than the allotted time for the week, but alas, I can only claim a maximum of 7 sessions a week.
15 Minute sessions of stitching this week: 7 out of 7
15 Minute sessions of stitching this year: 121 out of 133 sessions
Success rate: 91%
The success rate rounds up to 91 so I will take it! It is incredible to me that my rate is so high this deep in the peak period at work. Besides the fact that the numbers look so good, I think it is really helping me keep a calm perspective of work. Work hasn't been nearly as stressful as it has been in other years. I'm afraid to say that since another part of the project starts today which adds on to work we have been doing so far without taking any away.