Saturday, June 23, 2018

So Close Yet So Far


When I wrote my last post, I was expecting to surprise you with a photo of the finished quilt top for On Ringo Lake. When I realized that would not happen, I thought I would surprise you with a photo of a finished quilt top for my weekly recap of my quilting goal of stitching 15 minutes a day. That explains why that recap didn't happen timely, and then the week just got away from me.

There was no work on Monday so I got a week's worth of stitching all on Monday, and I did a lot of stitching on other days this week too, so I can go ahead and give you my recap for this week as well as last.

15 Minute sessions of stitching these weeks:  14 out of 14
15 Minute sessions of stitching this year:  147 out of 161 sessions
Success rate: 91%

My success rate went up!  I've only missed an equivalent of 14 days this year.  Pretty good, if I say so myself. I am also happy that I am keeping up with this quilt and getting it done.


You are probably expecting a finished quilt top since it has been yet another week of sewing, but no.

I am down to the middle rows, the ones that the corners on them. This part needs extra thinking to make sure everything is turned and joined the right way.   I have decided that I do need all the blocks and am following Bonnie's size.  This means I need to sew together the row of sashing blocks that I wasn't sure I would need. Also, when I made the other sashing rows, I got carried away and put the blue cornerstones on the outside too, and needed to change those out for the brown triangles.  All of this means that the process is slowed down a little, but I am enjoying it as there is a variety of things to do.

Linked to:
Moving it Forward Monday 
15 Minutes to Stitch 
UFO Busting 25

“Dandelions are just friendly little weeds who only want to be loved like flowers.”  Heather Babcock

6 comments:

Kate said...

Congrats on finding time to stitch each day. That can be a challenge all on it's own. Your version of On Ringo Lake is coming along beautifully! I'm still making blocks for my version. Happy stitching this next week.

sk1231india said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Allie-oops Designs said...

Ringo Lake will be well worth the wait - the colors alone cheer me up! Love your little pic of the dandelions, such cheerful little flowers and so important to the bees!!

Jeanne said...

Thanks for the tip about fixing comments! I'll try it when I get back on my laptop tomorrow :)

sunny said...

Love our Ringo Lake. And if you're enjoying the process, that's all that matters!!

Tish Stemple said...

Slow and steady will win the race :) This will be so pretty when you are done. And huge pat on the back for being able to find time to stitch just a bit everyday. Sometimes that makes all the difference.